This tasty Third Trimester Pregnancy Smoothie is loaded up with the perfect ingredients to prepare your body for labor and give your baby the best nutrients out there!
If you’re pregnant and you want to prepare for labor, give your baby the best, plus give your body the fuel it needs for labor, then you have to try this pregnancy smoothie out. (And if you’re not pregnant, you still can drink this and have awesome benefits… I swear it won’t make you have a baby!)
Once I hit the last month of pregnancy, meals became super hard for me to eat. The more baby grew, the less room I had for food in my stomach! Yet, I needed all those awesome nutrients to keep baby thriving and prepare me for labor. The ingredient I focused on most in the last trimester was dates. Dates are supposed to help get your uterus ready for labor, and from my experience they totally seemed to do the trick! I won’t go into a huge amount of detail (if you want to read my birth story, I’ll tell you more later!) BUT my first baby (with no effort to eat the right foods) came at 42 weeks, with a 32 hour long labor. My second came at 39 weeks with a super short labor — I was pushing in the car on our way to the birth center! SO, coincidence? Maybe. But I’d like to think my labor had a whole lot to do with the prep work I did the last trimester. Including this smoothie.
Whether you’re pregnant or not, this recipe is great. Give it a go and let me know what you think!
gluten free, vegan, superfoods
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1-2 cups of almond milk
- 4 pitted dates
- 2 cups of mixed spinach, chard, and kale.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 bananas
- About 4 ice cubes (depending on how thick you like your smoothie)
- ½-1 tbsp chia seeds for topping
- In blender, blend almond milk, dates, and dark greens. (The dates and leafy greens need more blending to become smooth.)
- Add frozen strawberries, bananas, and ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cup and serve topped with chia seeds. Enjoy!
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.