Creamy Spaghetti Squash Alfredo topped with fresh sauteed spinach is the perfect dish when you want some pasta, but want to be healthy! It’s gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and totally guilt free! Surprisingly filling, this dish doesn’t taste like your average gluten free, vegan meal.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 spaghetti squash, large
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2-1 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2-3 cups spinach leaves (fresh or frozen will work)
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Poke multiple holes into the spaghetti squash, and place in pan with a little water.
- Bake whole for 20 minutes.
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, bring 2 cups vegetable broth to a boil in a large stockpot, and then add chopped cauliflower.
- Bring back to a boil, then lower heat and cover for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
- Once cauliflower is soft, add cauliflower with broth to a high speed blender, or food processor. Let sit to cool.
- While cauliflower mixture is cooling, it stockpot add 2 tbsp avocado oil, and saute garlic and onion for a few minutes, until fragrant and onion is translucent.
- Add onion, garlic, juice from lemon, and 1/2 tbsp Himalayan pink salt to the blender with cauliflower mixture. Blend until smooth. (taste test, add more salt for more flavor)
- Remove from oven, and carefully cut spaghetti squash in half (I use an oven mit). Then scrape out flesh with a fork to create noodles. Place in bowl.
- In same stockpot, add 1 tbsp avocado oil, and saute spinach for roughly 30-60 seconds.
- Add sauce to spaghetti squash in bowls, and then top with sauteed spinach.