This healthy Superfood Burrito Bowl is the tasty burrito bowl we are all used to, but brought up a notch health-wise. We’ve switched out rice for the superfood, quinoa. Bland lettuce is switched out with the superfood, kale. All fresh ingredients, full of nutrients, and full of flavor!
When you're craving a burrito bowl, but want to take it up a notch healthwise, this is your bowl! Instead of rice, we use quinoa. Instead of lettuce, we use kale. All fresh ingredients full of nutrients, but full of even more flavor!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- Organic salsa
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- In large pot, saute chopped onion in avocado oil for roughly 2 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add 4 cups vegetable broth to pot, and bring to a boil.
- While vegetable broth is heating up, rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. (I like to rinse in a bowl of filtered water, and then strain through fine mesh strainer, under more water.)
- Once vegetable broth is boiling, add dry quinoa, cover, and bring back up to a boil. Then lower heat to low and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring a few times in between.
- Once quinoa is cooked through, juice lime and add to quinoa with 2 pink salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 bunch cilantro (chopped).
- Heat black beans (either in separate pot or microwave).
- Create burrito bowls by scooping out rice and topping with black beans, bell pepper, chopped kale, salsa, avocado, and fresh cilantro.