A creamy, delicious, and dairy free soup recipe to warm you up! This Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is full of flavor, with hints of sweet and woodsy aromas, this bowl is full of comfort! A soup made full of fresh ingredients that will make you feel great.
A rich and creamy butternut squash soup recipe that is full of flavor! From the cinnamon to the cumin, all the flavors compliment each other perfectly. Vegan, dairy free, and gluten free.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- Avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves taken off and chopped
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves taken off and chopped (or 1/2 tbsp dried thyme)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut butternut squash in half, length-wise, and remove pulp and seeds. (Discard, or keep seeds to roast later.)
- Spray or rub avocado oil on the flesh side of squash, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper face down.
- Bake in oven for roughly 20 minutes, until squash is tender when poked with fork.
- While squash is in the oven, heat avocado oil in pan on medium heat, and once warm, toss in diced onion, and minced garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and softened.
- Add in fresh rosemary & thyme,cumin, and cinnamon, and saute for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once butternut squash is fully cooked, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, scoop squash out from the skin, and place in high speed blender or food processor, along with the rest of the ingredients (starting with only 1 cup of vegetable broth).
- Blend together until completely smooth, adding more vegetable broth if too thick.
- Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Garnish with vegan sour cream and fresh thyme or rosemary on top. Enjoy!