A green smoothie that isn’t green! This Chocolate Spinach Smoothie is simple to make, and hides the spinach flavor and color perfectly! Only 5 ingredients, dairy free, plant-based, and no added sugars.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1-2 cups coconut milk (or another dairy alternative)
- 2 cups spinach (fresh or frozen works)
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 5 ice cubes (depending on how thick you like your smoothie)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Combine coconut milk and spinach in blender, and blend until smooth. (We are doing the leafy greens first, so they can get smooth without the other ingredients getting in the way.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender, and blend until smooth. Add more milk if you need it thinner, or add more ice cubes for a thicker smoothie.
Use organic ingredients whenever possible. Using frozen produce allows you to get away with using less ice.